Writing it down, so that I don't have to look up the source code every time I wonder "how do I do this?"
Just the tags without much explanation.
- [[/link/to/page Click here]] to visit my site
- Regular links. Any text before first space is the link, followed by the text being linked.
- News link. Will fetch the url and show it in a block.
- [[Image:/imgs/image.jpeg link_to_url]]
- Image tag. Second parameter is a link where the image will point to. Images will have automatically width=xx height=yy set as per the real image size. Wnat smaller or larger? Use the embedded image manager to edit/crop the image to your required size.
- Converts all "\n\n", aka double line breaks within the block to <p></p>.
- Converts all line break "\n" within the block to <br/>.
- HTML encodes the content in between. So that the HTML tags are exposed.
- Source code container. Combination of <pre> and <html>
- Formats the content in between as <ul></ul>. Write all the list items like this
<list> - item1 - item2 </list>Use - hyphen as <li>. You can put <list class=myclass more=tags> if you want. That will convert into <li class=myclass more=tags>.
- <dl> - <dt> - <dd> formatter.
<pair> - item1 Description of item1 - item2 More description on item2 and so on. </pair>Hyphen - interpreted as <dt> till the end of line. Everything else starting from next line is <dd>. For styling, put class name after <pair> like <pair class=myclass>.
- ``` ... ```
- Triple back quotes. This is the inline version of <html></html>. Exposes the HTML content in between without interpreting it as html.
- Macro to insert date. This date would be set on first save and won't be changing on subsequent regenerations.
- ==New Section==
- Section header. It's from Wikipedia's standard. Converts to <h3></h3>.
Escaping Meta Tags
Block meta tags are automatically escaped when it's not the first element of a new line. Therefore simply put a space before the opening tag to escape it in case it falls on a new line. Like "space<html></html>"
Inline meta tags can be escaped by adding a back slash '\' before content start within the tag.
Example [[\https://my_link]] won't get interpreted as link.